Monday, March 12, 2012

Life is Good

It seems that I am perpetually stressed out, and yet I find that I am also very happy with life.  I have a wonderful husband, a beautiful daughter who can be trying at times but gets forgiven whenever she smothers me with kisses (a few times a day), and a job that keeps me very busy and doesn't pay a lot, but I love.

N. and I are financially a bit iffy at the moment, but we are planning a move in July to a cheaper place and then he will start working as well, so our situation should get much better.  I just like having a plan in place.  Even though the move is months off and we don't have a place yet, I've still been planning tons of little details surrounding everything.  At first it seemed like such a daunting and difficult task, but as I make a plan in my head I find that things seem a bit easier.

Of course it's always nice that I am valued so highly at work, and they consistently pile on more than I am scheduled for (hence the stress).  But I know that they wouldn't give me so much if they didn't have so much confidence in me.  I am highly motivated to keep this job for so many reasons, not least of which is that I actually like it.  It is very satisfying work and I love seeing my improvement even week to week, sometimes.  I am really stretching myself in terms of skills and gaining new ones all the time.  When I first applied for the job they said that there was room for advancement in the company and they weren't kidding.

Not really sure what my point here is, except that despite the stress and hardships of life sometimes, it's still good.  With so many things to love and be happy about, how can it not be good?

No comments:

Post a Comment