Monday, April 16, 2012

Finally fat!

I know that most people don't celebrate weight gain, but I am so happy!  My old clothing finally fits me properly.  No more safety pins, no more constant hiking up of my skirt, no more baggy shirts.  Yay!

I weigh more now than when I got pregnant, although at that time I weighed the least I ever had.  Recently, while shopping for a new outfit with some of my husband's family, one of the lovely ladies commented that I looked skinnier if I didn't wear the matching belt.  I just took the comment and ignored it, but really it bothered me a little bit.  My goal isn't to look skinny.  I did the whole skinny thing and I didn't like it.  My goal is to look healthy, and if that means that I have a little tummy, then so be it.

I have worked so hard for the past 18 months to gain all this weight.  While society generally does not find fat attractive, I don't see a problem with showing off my hard-earned belly fat.  Yeah, I know, that doesn't sound so nice, either.  But I am at a healthy weight for my height and build, I am purposely gaining in preparation for another pregnancy, and I don't think that I should be made to feel fat and unattractive when I'm not.

Wow.  That post went off on a little tangent I wasn't expecting.  At any rate, my point is that I am so happy to be me again after such a long time of being only half of me.  Wearing clothing that fits is such a pleasure.  Getting rid of those safety pins is such a pleasure.  Not having to constantly check to be sure that I have no skin peeking out where it shouldn't be is a pleasure.  And looking and feeling healthy is a pleasure.

So I don't care what other people think.  I am happy with me.  That's all that matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment