Wednesday, December 26, 2012

My 5-month Fantasy

I love my child, and I would love to have a small gaggle of children to cal my own.  Here in Israel the waiting list for adopting within the country is something like 8-10 years long and surrogacy isn't an option for us (not because we're in Israel, just because).  So that means that any kids we want, we have to make ourselves.  Lovely.

At any rate, I keep having this really wonderful fantasy where one day I suspect that I might be pregnant and then I get a positive test.  I run to the doctor as fast as my legs will carry me, only to discover that I'm already 5 months along and everything is perfect and dreamy and I float through a meadow with flowers and butterflies all the way to the wonderful, blissful birth and we all live happily ever after.

Great, right?

I figure the chances of that happening are so minuscule that I would be more likely to win the lottery once a week for the rest of my life.  In other words: zero.

A girl can dream, can't she?

No comments:

Post a Comment