Thursday, January 17, 2013

The Zofran Rainbow

I want to meet whoever invented zofran and give him or her a big hug.  Seriously, this drug works wonders.  I'm skimping a bit on my dosage because I need this to last until I can get a refill, but with some creative scheduling I'm getting by.

It's like night and day.  I still have nausea on my minimal dose, but I can drink enough to stay hydrated and eat enough so that I hopefully won't lose weight.  On the zofran I'm much more like myself; without it I'm a pathetic, sick creature who can't do anything.  Not that I'm getting anything done even medicated but at least I don't feel like I'm dying.

My issues are far from over, but at least I have several hours each day when I feel mostly human and can think straight.  It's a wonderful feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment