Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Book Review: Spoon by Amy Krouse Rosenthal

My big sister was an English major, worked for several years at Borders, is a book enthusiast, and has her own book blog (Booksellers Without Borders, look on my sidebar for the link).  With all of that, I can always count on her to recommend or send me books for the babe.  The most recent shipment included Spoon, chosen out by my nephew as a present for the cousin whom he has never met.

I love this book for many reasons, but mainly for the message it delivers: be thankful first and foremost for what you have because you are special and no one else has what you have.  I think that this is a very important message to deliver to children from a young age, especially in today's society.  It is so easy to see the brand new gadget that everyone else has or to be jealous of trips abroad or opportunities not given to you, but if you focus on that then you miss the special parts of your life.  You never know what part of your life your friends are looking at and wishing that they had.

To quote loosely, "who is the rich man?  He who is happy with his lot."  May we all be happy with what we were given.

Ima rating: five stars out of five.
L.H. rating: undetermined, but seems to be about 4.5 out of five.

No comments:

Post a Comment