Thursday, January 5, 2012

Sweet Potato Fries

I first started making this recipe when I was looking for finger food to feed L.H.  I made my first batch and half of it made it into my belly before I remembered that it wasn't even for me!  This is a delicious, healthy way to make sweet potatoes, and you can play around with the spices to personalize it.

Sweet potatoes
Olive oil
Cinnamon

Preheat oven to 400F.  Cut up scrubbed or peeled sweet potatoes into whatever size and shape you want (I do strips).  Put the cut-up potatoes into a big bowl, sprinkle with olive oil and cinnamon, and toss to evenly coat.  Place them on a baking sheet and stir them around a bit before popping them in the oven for 30-45 minutes.  They will be mushy, not crunchy like white potato fries.

You could also add a little nutmeg or brown sugar, or if you want to make it spicy instead of sweet you can put curry powder and chili powder.  I haven't tried this yet but it's on my to-do list!

These fries are perfect as a finger food, a snack on the go, or as a side at a meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment